SOLASAFE® transparent anti glare roller sunscreens / blinds are housed in an anodised aluminium cassette for maximum performance and protection.
The ‘wipe clean’ brush system ensures that any dirt and dust collected during operation is removed when the screen is retracted. All screens come complete with aluminium bottom rail and optional side channels or guide cables.
- Improved visibility and safety − optimal glare protection with up to a 93% reduction to ensure clear visibility and a safer working environment. True colour rendition so navigation marks and objects can be easily identified.
- Reduced eye strain − problems with glare and reflection on electronic charts, radar screens and control panels are eliminated.
- Create a more comfortable working environment and reduce air conditioning requirements − up to 87% of the sun’s heat is rejected so staff, operators and controllers are more alert.
- Protect exposed areas of the body − at least 97% of harmful UV light is filtered.
- Save fuel, save money and reduce CO2 emissions on board marine vessels- Less demand is placed on bridge air-conditioning systems which require additional fuel consumption to run so environmentally conscious fleet owners can benefit from fuel savings resulting in lower costs.
- Be Green – Up to 81% in power cost savings per year can be made for larger vessels.
- Reliable performance – proven track record for outstanding performance since 1987.
- Comply with marine regulations – ISO 8468, M Notice 760, MSSN No. 1419 1998.
- Quality assured products – all products are manufactured in the UK using high quality components. SOLASAFE® screens have a 7 year warranty.
- Quality assured company – quality approved manufacturer.
- Choice of shade film colours – gold, silver, grey and bronze.
- Choice of aluminium profile colours – 400+ shades/colours.
- Choice of operating systems – manual, electric, automatic, battery.
- Suitable for any type of vessel from cruise ships to tugs.
- Custom made to order to your exact dimensions and specifications.
- Fast despatch – normally within 5 days but a ‘same day’ service is available.
- Simple to use, quick and easy to install in one complete unit with comprehensive instructions.
- Discreet cassette profile – neat, light-weight and unobtrusive headbox incorporating a ‘wipe clean’ brush system.
- Free spare parts with every order for peace of mind.
Types of Operation
Several different types of operation are available. Please contact our technical department for help or advice.
Double pulley bottom rail constant tension spring Ideal for sloping windows!
Constant tension spring centre pull
Left or right hand side chain clutch
Click the images below to see photographs of actual operation (please note a pop-up window will appear)
AC or DC Electrical Operation
Electric by remote control, group control and ⁄ or local individual control − ideal for blinds that are difficult to access. Low-voltage
(LOVO-24V D.C) is available for smaller sized roller blinds. High voltage (HIVO-230V A.C, 50Hz or 60Hz) is available over the full range of roller blind sizes. Contact the technical department for more details.
Radio Control Handset
Surface Mounted Switch
The Radio controller is CE marked (European Conformity) and transmits on 433MHz.
The Radio controller complies with:
- 2006/95/EC Low Voltage Directive
- 89/336/EEC EMC Directive
- 1995/5/EC Radio and Telecommumications Terminal Equipment (R&TTE) Directive
NOTE: Please make sure that this frequency will not interfere with any other equipment before ordering.
Standard Batteries or Re-chargable Batteries can be used
Choice of Films
Because of their highly reflective outer surfaces GOLD and SILVER are the most effective solar films. If a reflective appearance is not desired we recommend GREY film as the next best option.
|% Glare Reduction (Anti Glare Effect)||93||92||91||84|
|% Total Solar Energy Rejected (Heat Rejection)||87||77||65||67|
|% Ultra Violet Light Rejected||99||97||98||98|
|% Total Solar Transmission||9||7||23||27|
|% Total Solar Reflection||57||63||19||19|
|% Total Solar Absorption||34||27||58||54|
|% Visible Light Transmission||7||7||8||15|
How to Measure
Types of Fixing
Max and Min Dimensions
Maximum and Minimum dimensions will vary depending on the type of operation and are shown below in mm.
|Type of Operation|
|Constant Tension Spring||3500||3500||400||250|
|Side Chain Clutch||3500||3500||350||250|
|Low Voltage Electric Motor||2000||1500||400||250|
|High Voltage Electric Motor||4000||4000||600||250|
SOLASOLV® Anti-glare, heat rejecting transparent roller sun blinds, sun screens and ROLASOLV® Blackout roller blinds are also ideal for other commercial and industrial use where professionals must face harsh blinding sunlight during their working day or where total blackout conditions are required. Here are just a few of the many other uses:-